Sounds of Tahoe Schedule and Studio Policies for the 2016-2017 Piano Year
Welcome to the 2016-2017 Piano Year with Miss Elaine at Sounds of Tahoe
My objectives in teaching include fostering the love my students have for the piano by developing piano skills for playing and reading music for personal enjoyment, playing with others, and going on to advanced levels as students progress. Lessons are geared to each students’ level and will include: music theory, improvising, composing, listening, counting, singing, memorizing, recording and playing duets, over the course of study.
Sounds of Tahoe offers a year round music program including summer session and school year lessons
The annual tuition plan includes:
- Up to 6 summer sessions. Students attend for one hour and receive 40 minutes of private instruction with 20 minutes of self-guided time in the classroom. This allows time for students to observe another lesson or work on a Clavinova or computer program.
- Up to 27 session opportunities during the school year. During the school year, students attend one hour sessions which include 40 minutes of private instruction accompanied by 20 minutes of self-guided time in the classroom.
And added value events and activities*
- Attend Lake Tahoe SummerFest Rehearsals & Special Events with Miss Elaine
- up to 7 Summer Classes for private students
- Up to 3 Sounds of Tahoe recitals
- Clavinova Festival
- Reno Youth Music Festival
- School talent show/special event support
- Guild Auditions Certificate Program
*depending on age, school, time studied and availability of event. The Clavinova Festival, Reno Youth Music Festival and Guild Auditions do require additional entry fees
Schedule and Vacations for the 2016-2017 Piano Year
Summer Session July 5 - August 18
Annual tuition includes up to 6 Summer Sessions and up to 7 Summer Classes
Class opportunities are offered the following Friday afternoons:
July 8, 15, 22, 29 ~ August 5, 12, 19
2nd-5th graders 3:15-4:00 ~ 6th-12th graders 4:15-5:00
Classes are an important and fun part of music study. Regular attendance at summer classes is highly recommended for all private students. Sign up online to confirm your space in class for any and all classes that you plan to attend.
Registration is necessary and 24 cancellation notice is required.
To schedule your summer lessons & classes:
- Turn in your complete registration information and registration fee by May 1
- Go to SoundsofTahoe.mymusicstaff.com to select your summer lesson times after May 1. Email or text if you need to refresh your password for the site
School year lessons September 5, 2016 - June 2, 2017
The weeks not scheduled for regular lessons allow space for:
- 6 regular weeks of school holidays
- 2 ‘personal vacation days’ (PVDs) that you may use in case of emergency, vacation, or unavoidable conflict
- 2 teacher PVDs as necessary
- 2 additional weeks of vacation after the Winter Break
Weekday Holidays, Teacher Conferences or School Closures that are not during a Break Week
Lessons are planned to remain on regular schedule for assorted holidays, conferences, closures etc. Contact me by email, phone, or text if you have any questions.
Sounds of Tahoe has an annual nonrefundable Registration Fee
The Registration Fee is not included in Tuition
The Registration Fee is due by May 1, 2016 to confirm your commitment to a space in the 2016-2017 piano year schedule
Tuition & Tuition Payment
- You may prepay the piano year in full, or in two payments, 6/10/16 & 12/10/16
- Monthly tuition payments are divided into 12 equal payments. June 10, 2016 - May 10, 2017
- Tuition is the same each month regardless of the number of lessons in a month
- Tuition payments are due even if there are no lessons in a calendar month
- Monthly payments are due on or before the 10th of the month
- Tuition is past due after the 15th of the month
- A $25 late fee will be assessed for tuition received after the 15th of the month
- No refunds or credits are available
Home Music Time
A regular practice time and routine combined with good placement of the piano and a tuned and well maintained piano provides a home foundation for progress and enjoyment. Consistent practice is a requirement for enrollment.
- Parents of students 11 years old and younger need to sit with their child at least 10 minutes each day to provide support in a positive routine and assist with the assignment if needed
- Students should plan to spend 20 - 60 (+) minutes at the piano each day, depending on age and time studied, and how great they would like to get at piano!
Lessons will remain on schedule unless you call or text and tell me you feel it is unsafe to travel. Snowday lesson(s) will be rescheduled during the week immediately following the end of the piano year. If you have not used both of your PVDs, PVDs will be used as snow day(s). Snow day lessons will be scheduled June 5-6-7, 2017 as needed.
Cancellations and Changes during the School Year
- The piano year tuition structure allows for each student to use 2 ‘personal vacation day’ cancellations
- Due to all our busy schedules, I am not able to reschedule or make-up lessons that are missed or forgotten
- If I am sick or have an unexpected conflict I will use one of my PVDs or reschedule the missed lesson at a mutually convenient time
- You may exchange lesson times with another student any time you have a conflict
- Please notify me of any changes (Thank you)
If you decide to withdraw from lessons for any reasons, please give one full month of notice before the expected final lesson. Notice can only be accepted at the time the final tuition payment is made. Please understand and respect that this can give a satisfactory time to close the course of music study. No refunds are available.
Thank You for Paying Attention
- Mill Creek is a residential neighborhood with a MAXIMUM speed limit of 25 MPH
- Students may arrive and come in quietly up to 5 minutes before their lesson time
- Please take off all DIRTY or WET shoes and leave them in the front hall
- Wash hands to be ready for playing piano
- I appreciate when you pick up promptly. Thank you!
Private piano instructor since 1983
Bachelor of Science in Music Education K-12, MSU Billings 1986
Masters of Music, UNR 1994
Member and local chair for National Guild of Piano Teachers since 1991
College level group and private instruction of piano & theory for 13 years
Member: Music Teachers’ National Association
Member: Northern Nevada Music Teachers’ Association